Monday, January 16, 2012

How did this happen?

I am not sure how this happened, but...my last post was a month ago! For shame! I will admit right off the bat that I didn't read a book each week of my vacation. Ha! And honestly, I don't even feel that bad about it (except that I posted on the internet that I was going to, but whatever!). I just had so many other things going on, some important, some not, some productive, some not.


The holidays went by so fast this year (is there ever a year when it doesn't feel like that?), and I have to admit that I didn't get into the spirit as much as I normally do. Yes, we had a pretty tree (that I bought down the street and carried home all by myself, which I'm sure looked ridiculous), and yes I made those adorable stockings. And yes, we spent time with family, and it was really fun. But it was also a transitional year; we are still trying to establish traditions as a married couple, and as the grandparents get older, some of those traditions change. We didn't even put up lights on the house this year (not that I didn't ask, mind you!). Also, the New Year's day Josh headed off to San Francisco to help brother and his wife move and he was gone an entire week. This meant extra dance lessons for me, and a couple of girl's night slumber parties which consisted of Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (for the third time in theaters), some pizza, and four hours of What Not to Wear. Niiiiiiice! It was kind of nice to be on my own, and it was even nicer to have Josh come home.

I am very excited to be able to say I have a craft project of my own going on right now. I really want to post some pictures but I will wait until its finished. I might be able to get it done today, so cross your fingers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment